Do you love telling stories and working with words? Are you looking to join a talented group of strategists, writers and designers in creating powerful brands? Right Hat, an award-winning strategic branding studio based in Chicago, seeks a copywriter with a minimum of five years of experience to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and enjoy juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. B2B experience is a must for working with our sophisticated client base.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write and edit content for client and studio websites, service descriptions, biographies, brochures, pitches, proposals, advertising, thought leadership, videos, social media and other marketing collateral.
- Gather information through interviews, review of client-provided information and independent research.
- Help develop brand strategies
- Collaborate with designers to generate creative concepts
- Prepare client presentations (PowerPoint)
- Manage complex projects involving multiple drafts and deliverables
- Supervise outside copywriters and proofreaders
- Proofread draft and final client copy
- Meet deadlines to deliver client projects on-time and on-budget
- Stay on top of emerging industry trends and developments affecting our clients
- Possible occasional travel (at a future date)
- A minimum of five years of experience writing for an agency, media outlet or in-house professional service firm marketing department
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate complex subject matter with clarity, brevity and impact
- Experience writing in the B2B landscape, particularly for professional services firms; knowledge of legal/business issues a plus
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback from clients and colleagues
- Collaborative approach to projects
- Bachelor’s degree
Interested candidates should send a résumé, cover letter, writing samples, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right Hat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, military or veteran status, disability, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.