Is Your School's Brand Tepid or Compelling?
It is not news that independent schools are in a constant battle for new students. The reasons for their declining enrollment are many—with affordability right at the top.
But to be honest, too often most marketing agencies have failed to explain why a school can make a difference in a child’s life. Or we’ve told the story from the standpoint of an educator and not a parent.
If you are looking to make your school’s brand story inspire an entire new group of parents, consider the following:
- What do parents feel is most missing in their child’s education?
- What changes do prospective parents hope to see in their children after attending your school?
- Why should they trust your school to be able to deliver the results they desire?
- How have they never been made to feel at other schools?
- What would they love to find at your school that would get them praising your school to others?
- How can you be an integral part of their team in helping raise their child?
By digging deep to answer these questions, you will start to tap into the emotional reasons a parent will invest in an independent education. At the end of the day, many schools offer similar programs — but only a few focus on how they can change lives. What kind of school is yours?