“Live your life. Do your work. Then take your hat.”
HENRY DAVID THOREAU
We take this idea to heart. We believe in excellence in work and in life. We are passionate, collaborative and creative individuals who come together to form bold ideas and smart solutions.
Over 35 years of experience in professional services marketing
“Plain and simple, I founded Right Hat after being totally frustrated. I could never find the right balance of serious research, powerful design, deep thinking, and true client collaboration, all while having fun doing it. I launched Right Hat to change all that. The core to our approach is getting into the minds of buyers and knowing exactly what target audiences are thinking and doing, and then applying great design. At the end of the day, I enjoy nothing more than helping firms better articulate their intangible value.”
- Founding member of the Legal Marketing Association Mid-Atlantic chapter (formerly NALFMA)
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Legal Marketing Association Mid-Atlantic and New England chapters
- Inducted into the Legal Marketing Association Hall of Fame
- Member of the College of Law Practice Management
25+ years working in the design and advertising industry
”I strive to balance strategy and creativity in all of the firm’s work. In the past I’ve seen creative take a back seat as well as designs implemented with indifference to the business outcome. I believe that the work we do for our clients should embody both artistry and function. I find it rewarding to see our work bring about tangible business results and strengthen positive emotional connections for our clients.“
- Included in Graphic Design USA’s list of ”30 Designers to Watch”
- Has both a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree and an MBA degree
- Active member of the Legal Marketing Association and the AIGA
In-depth knowledge of brand and website management
“Every client has a unique value proposition—it’s my job to help them identify and communicate it. Once we nail down the strategy, I make sure the messaging and design work in concert to create a strong brand promise. I then lead the team in the creation and implementation of marketing communications that convey the brand promise in a memorable way. My constant focus is on integrated campaigns that move the needle for my clients.”
- More than 18 years of experience in marketing and branding
- Former board member of the Legal Marketing Association Capital chapter
- Active member of the Legal Marketing Association
Lise Anne Schwartz
Memorable brand campaigns for more than 100 clients
“People know who we are by the stories we tell. I help businesses tell stories that resonate with their target markets. I listen, ask questions and identify the right message, the right voice and the right medium to showcase the value they bring. A win is reaching that “aha” moment when a buyer recognizes our client as the best solution to an important problem.”
- 15+ years of experience in professional services branding
- Award-winning advertising and marketing content
- Former lawyer and journalist
Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP
Fish & Richardson P.C.
We are committed to giving back—inside and outside the office. Each year we donate our services to help deserving organizations with their marketing and branding needs. Our people serve on nonprofit boards, volunteer in their communities and contribute to a host of important causes.
Why the hat?
We put on different hats to see challenges from diverse perspectives. By getting into the minds of clients, buyers, influencers and stakeholders, we gain insights to create powerful communications tools.